Old 14-08-2003, 04:02 PM
The Tucson Bender

Default Lowering PH

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:52:53 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

I like hydroponics. Is it less green for the world as to use simple
inorganic chemicals than to use oodles of ever more difficult to get water?

-----
Hydroponics is very interesting as I've worked with tomatoes in
climate controlled greenhouses. It's VERY productive, but still quite
expensive; or at least it is in Tucson as water is costly as are our
summer season electricity rates for the evaporative cooling fans.

But we do have great levels of natural sunshine which many parts of
the world can't match!