Old 14-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Leanne

Default Canna lily advice needed

Its interesting that you should write this. I mowed my lawn today and when
I finished I stood for a while wondering what on earth has happened to my
Canna Lilly... All brown and wilted. I was actually wondering if perhaps I
had put them in the wrong spot.. I am glad (in a nice way) that others are
seeing their Cannas looking poorly... I shall relax and let nature take its
course.

Thankyou.... by proxy for answering my question.
"A bit more than" wrote in message
On 13 Aug 2003 05:29:15 -0700, (Nicholas Steel)

wrote:

Towards the end of Autumn I planted about a dozen Canna lilies.
Right now they look quite bad - stringy, lots of dead bits etc.
Please advise what I have to do (pruning, fertilizer etc) to
rejuvenate them.
I live in Melbourne and have clay soil.
Note - I planted some in the garden at my weekender at Pt Lonsdale on
the coast. Are the requirements different?

The canna does tend to die down in winter. Just cut off any bad bits.

They are
as tough as old boots and should begin shooting again in spring. Just

chuck on
a little organic life and they will be happy.