Old 14-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Skippy Filter man says....

No !

Look, I'm not a pond wizard, but a UV can only kill what comes past it. Do
you agree ?

It may slow down the "established filter" ideal, but it can never ever kill
bacteria that don't run past it, or have nested in a bio-converter.

The main reason for not turning on your UV too soon is that you are supposed
to have an ammonia/nitrite spike, and that the suspended algae do consume a
part of this. Turning it on too soon may make that spike worse. Clear
water versus healthy water. Suspended algae are your friend in a startup
situation.

UV will never "kill everything". Pre nor post filter.

Let's not make the misunderstandings even bigger.

Theo

"Paul" schreef in bericht
UV will kill everything so you need a period of no UV to allow you

bacteria
to grow. I don't see any advantage using a UV after filtering as its main
job is to cause stuff to clumb together to be filtered out by machanical
filtration.

Paul