Old 14-08-2003, 05:22 PM
joe

Default Real Carp don't eat Koi food

We just came back from a houseboat trip to Lake Powell in Utah. One of the
coolest things were the carp. We stopped for gas at a marina and were amazed
to see schools of carp at the docks (1' - 2 1/2' range) being fed by the
tourists. They acted just like their domesticated Koi brethren, mouths open,
sucking in whatever drifted by. In this case, not nutritious Koi food, but
chips, popcorn and bread.

The next morning we noticed several around our boat as we were beached. We
fed them some bread. The next morning we had twice as many. They looked
really cool too, with large almost golden scales.

It's not everyone who can take their pond hobby on vacation!

Joe