Old 14-08-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Propagating azaleas and lantanas

In article , Bluebee Sky wrote:
Has anyone successfully propagated azaleas and lantanas from the cutting
here in the triangle. If so please let me know the secret, I tried a
method given in one of the webistes, but failed So, I am looking for
some tested and proven methods. Also, am I right in assuming that this
is the time to do this?

Actually I think it is a bit late. You do want this years growth, but I
think June would give you more rooting time. Cut the new growth off,
remove most of the leaves, Scratch the bark that is to be rooted, and
put them in a sand/peat mixture in a protected place with no direct
sunlight. You have to keep the sand/peat moist, but not standing in
water.

You can also propagate by taking a likely limb and putting a shovel
full of dirt and optionally a brick on top of the dirt. Should
be rooted by next spring.
Thanks.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.