Old 14-08-2003, 06:12 PM
SugarChile

Default Felco Pruners?

I've owned Corona's in the past, and while they are more acceptable than a
"cheapo" brand, they are nowhere as good as a Felco. I've got the Felco #7,
with the rotating handle, and it is well worth the money. It fits neatly in
my hand, the handle lessens stress on my hand and wrist, and the blade cuts
surely and cleanly. I think that in the long run, you save money with
Felco's, because they last much longer. I used to wear out a pair of
pruners, or even two, each year, but my Felco's are on their fourth year
now. I've had to replace the spring, for just a few bucks; all the parts
are replaceable if needed. I do take a few minutes each winter to sharpen
the blades with a hand stone.

Get the holster while you're at it. I felt like an incredible garden geek
the first couple of times I hooked it on, but now it's second nature when I
go out to garden, and I like having the pruners handy at all times.

There's a lot of online sources, here's some:
http://www.felcostore.com/pruners.jsp
http://209.35.185.42/ShopSite/Felco_Pruners.html
http://raysbaginc.com/page10.html

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Kenneth D. Schillinger" wrote in message
I am in need of some new pruning shears, and have been thinking about
ordering some "Filcos" because of all the good things I have heard about
them.
Is it true, Are they worth the money, of should I just buy some "Coronas"?
All of the stores im my area are out of stock, and won't be getting them
in until next spring. Well, I need to do a winter pruning, so I need to
buy them this fall; go figure. It seems as though all of the stores ran
out of the #2 first. Does anyone know what size is most common / useful?
All comments appreciated, Ken..