Old 14-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Mary Fisher

Default How to be an irritating neighbour.

I am getting fed up of the sniping in this ng suggesting that 'townies'
are a lower form of life than all you wonderful people who work in the
country.

You are not the only people in this world who work hard, you are not the
only ones for whom life is getting more difficult, and you are not the
only ones who are finding it difficult to be employed in the same
occupation as your father or grandfather or great grandfather.

And if it were not for 'townies' a great many of the tools, machinery,
and other things on which you depend would not be easily available to
you.
--
Kay Easton

I was hoping I'd have time to compose a pertinent reply to that post but
we're too busy - going off again tomorrow. I'll add my name to the bottom of
Kay's post, she's omitted nothing and anything I posted would be repetitive.

Mary