Old 14-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Lorraine Lawler

Default Lotus petals falling off prematurely

We have our lotus in a bog separate from the pond and this is the
first time we're developed buds (second summer for plant). The buds
get large and develop petals but before it actually opens, the petals
fall off. We have three buds and this has happened on two of them.
The third one is still too small yet. We live in NW Indiana (zone 5)
and we haven't had any harsh weather around the time this occurred (no
strong winds or rain and no hail). We're so disappointed since we
were looking forward all season to spectacular flowers. Any advice?
Thanks.