Old 14-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Personal Firewall softwa postscript

AWM wrote in message ...

score so far
Clients using Win98se or Me with AVG & a Kerio or Tiny Personal
Firewall -- no reported problems
Clients using Windows XP firewall -- with or without NAV -- 2

infections
Clients using Windows XP -- with Kerio firewall --- no reported

problems

My own setup is a Windows 98se and Linux boxes all with own firewalls
sitting behind a Conexant NAT router with a Free BSD firewall built in

but
recent events are making me consider adding an IP Cop box between the
Conexant Router and the network hub.

This is somewhat skewed score, as the blast virus does not attack
windows versions 98 and earlier. At least that is the information from
the Microsoft web site. I use Zone Alarms firewall, updated yesterday,
and NAV, also updated yesterday, but then I use Windows 98.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk