Old 14-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Mower repair Webb 17"

"Ady" wrote in message ...
Hi all, just look for a little help and advice.
I currently have an oldish (~15 years) Webb 17" petrol cylinder mower
that is in need of a good overhaul and repair to clutch cable.
However this is where the fun begins - I popped into our local repair
shop and tried to get a new cable, but unfortunately they do not stock

one.
So I asked for a price of a service, sharpen/set and repair and they
quoted over £170.
So the million dollar question is it worth repairing an aging machine
whose parts are hard to come by, or should I use the money to get a new
model although not as good ?

Answers on a postcard.

You should be able to buy cable in any length you want and then it's simply
a case of soldering on the connections having un-soldered them from the old
cable. Any competent (and old fashioned) "bike" shop should be able to help
if you take along your old cable.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.