Old 15-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Jerrispond

Default SALT QUESTION

.
IS NON-IODIZED SALT ( table salt) THE ONE THAT IS SAFE TO USE IN THE POND??

Hi Sacha....Long time no see...I remember you from the watergardening
board....salt is one of those questions like rocks on bottom....some say yes to
salt some no. I have been ponding close to 15 years and have never once
added salt to any of my ponds. I don't believe in it. as you probably
remember I don't use a lot of anything that is not natural. I have hundreds of
water plants and I believe it is harmeful for the plants....salt is very good
for fish that are sick.....so if you need to salt a fish he should be in
quarentine anyway...catch him and put him in a HEATED quarentine tank Jerri