Old 15-08-2003, 04:36 AM
joe

Default do I need a bottom drain?

Lydia wrote:

1) Does remnant carpet or carpet padding work ok for cushioning the liner?

You can buy padding that is not too expensive and won't rot away.

2) Can I put old carpet for cushion on the bottom too or is that only for
the sides and I must use sand on the bottom?

I just used padding on the bottom and up the sides with no problems.

3) I'm not planning on having any fish other than mosquito fish. I asked a
while ago and understand that I won't need a filter. So that means I don't
need a bottom drain, either, right? Or do I?

Ahhhhh. You see, the question as you ask it is poorly conceived. "I'm not
PLANNING on having any fish..." You will have fish, might as well give into
the dark side and plan for it rather that be bitching and moaning next year
about a retro fit.

Joe