Old 15-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Gordon Couger

Default biotech & famine

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 20:42:48 -0700, Walter Epp
posted:

"Gordon Couger" wrote:
Like most of the detractors of modern framing you have no practical
experience faming. I have been at this 46 years and watch crops lost to

Agriculture scientist know what their doing and they learn from the

past. I
have oral history of family farming back to 1816. My grand father told

me

There is no one in the world who has 46 years of experience with
genetic engineering. The wisdom distilled from multiple generations
of your forefathers does not exist for GE biotech.

And the difference, in the broad scheme of things?

But all you do is spout the same tired dogma of the
ludilits that are starving people to death in India and Africa. Dream

about
them tonight. I have done every thing I can to provide food for the

world

May the ghosts of the millions that have died and will die haunt you for
your disregard of the world situation that has cause the break down in

the
fight against disease in the third world and now you want to deny them

the
benefits of modern agriculture as well.

Of course there are lots of people with good intentions including
both farmers and biotech employees.
The problem is that good intentions are not enough.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
We have to have respect for Nature's ways
and real-world consequences,

The methods you support would result in massive starvation and every
possible square inch of land being stripped trying to raise more food.

You parrot the dogma of those that use the ignoance of well meaning people
to line their pockets and further their political agenda. See how much money
the people that you base your beliefs on contribute to agriclute, aid or
research.

Gordon