Old 15-08-2003, 05:33 AM

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:10:06 GMT, (dstvns) wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:21:05 GMT, "David J Bockman"
wrote:

Respectfully, this is a terrible thing to do. Please, always apply
glyphosate at the recommended strength. There are other chemicals one can
use to paint stumps rather than the foliage sprouts that will kill a tree
just fine.

Roundup at the normal levels is ineffective. I tried it and it was
like water, instead of 20 sprouts there would still be 3 or 4. In
woods with hudreds of stumps re-application every 2 to 3 weeks is a
massive waste of time.

Dan

That's strange. I removed a Norway Maple last July (no chemicals), layered
4+ iches of top soil, and planted grass. No evidence of the tree exists,
except for the firewood pile.

sparkie