Old 15-08-2003, 06:00 AM
NJ

Default powerless ponders in the East

"K30a" wrote in message

Am watching TV and seeing seas of people on the streets of
NYC. My goodness, what a big power outage!

I live in the Cleveland, Ohio metro area; we were without power for 5 hours.
It was manageable, but at the time, of course, we had no idea how long the
power would be off and rumors were rampant. We were told it could take 2-3
days at one point, and I was frantic. We were also told to conserve water,
unplug all appliances, etc. I have two freezers full of food, so I was very
concerned. Not to mention the FRY EXPERIMENT tank which was without
aeration the whole time. Everyone and everything is fine, now. Naturally,
when it first happened, we assumed it was local. When the news came on that
NYC was without power, and then NJ, MI, OH, CT, VT...I have to admit that I
was very frightened of terrorist origins. Thankfully, we are all breathing
easier (and COOLER--we hit 90 today and had put the A/C on for the first
time in a month!) now.

NJ