Old 15-08-2003, 06:00 AM
RichToyBox

Default Skippy Filter man says....

"FBCS" wrote in message
Man from Skippy filter (maybe Skippy, I don't know) say to get rid of my

UV
if I use his filter. Can someone expound on this?

There are the pro UV people, many of them sell them, and there are the

anti UV people, most of them don't have them to sell. The UV will kill many
things that go through the UV, by attacking the DNA. Personally, I use UV
on my ponds because it adds a level of clarity that I cannot get without the
UV. The filter bacteria are a type of bacteria that requires an material to
anchor itself to, or so I am told. If it is anchored to the filter media,
rocks, liner, plant roots, pots, piping, etc., how is it supposed to get
into the flow of the UV. I think Skippy is probably trying to make people
think his filter is better than it is. The filter is a good filter, but all
filters can be overloaded with too many fish, or too big of fish or both.
The first thing to go is generally the clarity of the pond, then the other
water quality issues.
--
RichToyBox