Old 15-08-2003, 11:02 AM
martin

Default Banned Herbicides & Pesticides

On 15 Aug 2003 02:29:18 -0700, (Mike Lyle)
wrote:

It isn't silly to use "organic": it just happens to be the nearest we
can get to a single word covering a particular system. The word has a
large number of meanings (nearly 20, I think: see Oxford Dictionary if
necessary) many of which are completely unrelated; this meaning (which
is nothing to do with organic chemistry) is as good as any of the
others. We may safely ignore anybody who thinks it should have only
one meaning: he hasn't done his homework, and shall go to the bottom
of the class.

Thanks Mike.
What is important, is what consumers think they are buying in
supermarkets when they buy organic. Perhaps a bit of publicity is
needed to clarify this for the woman with the shopping trolley.
--
Martin