Old 15-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Dave Liquorice

Default Mountfield Emblem

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:34:45 +0100, Pacman wrote:

I have been given a Mountfield Emblem mower with a 3.7HP engine.
Does anyone have a service guide for it or can someone please point
me in the right direction of where I might get one.

Mountfields are badged, the maker buys engines from one of the few
small engine makers and bolts it onto a deck adding wheels and
controls.

Who made the engine? Briggs & Stratten, Techumesh (or how ever you
spell it...), Honda. The B&S site has guides and diagrams for their
engines but you need to know the model, type and code to get the right
one(s). The B&S site has a a page showing you where to find this
information stamped onto the engine.

As far as servicing goes, change the oil right at the end of the
season, check the plug, check the blade, replace as required.
Generally keep it clean (brush off dust/cuttings) and clean under the
deck and grass shute after each use.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail