Old 15-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Martin Richards

Default Something ate our pumpkin :-(

"Janet Baraclough"
Try old drawers from freezers..they are a lot stronger than netting,
and you might be able to get them free from your local council dump.
Very useful for covering seedlings too; you can staple some plastic or
fleece over it to make a cheap moveable minicloche.

I like that idea - I'm sure I saw some kicking around the other day, just
got to remember where now

Thanks to Rusty for the squirrel pie suggestion - I was wondering what to do
for Sunday lunch. Of course, if it turns out to be mice, I could just do a
variant on the 'sausages wrapped in bacon' that you always seem to get at
Christmas dinner...

Martin