Old 15-08-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default How to Topdress a Lawn?

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 00:40:38 GMT, "Berob" wrote:

I see all kinds of recommendations for topdressing a lawn when
aerating/seeding a lawn, but I haven't seen anyone explain the best way to
do it. It would be nice if a broadcast spreader would do the job, but I
just don't think that would work. How do you go about (a shovel and
wheelbarrow?) and how much/how deep do you apply it? Thanks.

I do it with a light weight shovel by moving side to side in a swath motion. It
looks the same as if I were using a sythe.

It only needs to be 1/4 inch of compost as a top dress. Do that every year and
your soil will greatly improve over time