Old 15-08-2003, 02:12 PM
animaux

Default Shrubs... Lowes vs Nursery.

If it 's the Lowes where I live, their shrubs are well taken care of, watered
and maintained. See when their shipments come in and go that day to see the
newly delivered plants. With shrubs, I find smaller is better and easier to
establish a root system over winter when planted in the fall. I bought all my
Yaupon holly shrubs there and they have doubled in size since last fall and are
starting to put on fall growth as temperatures have started t drop off.

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:47:31 -0400, Chris S. wrote:

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has experience in buying shrubs or perennials at a
place like lowes verses a nursery. The stuff I see at nurseries is about
twice as expensive, but looks much healthier.

Should I stick with a nursery? Where do you buy plants at?

-Chris Swartz