Old 15-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default lilly blooms

Like you, I work all day. So I purchased some night bloomers. They opened up
at 4 or so in the afternoon, and stayed open until 10 or so in the morning
(or until the sun reached them). Then they closed. The flowers are good for
3 days or so. Be sure to "dead-head" the blooms (of all your lilies) to
encourage more blooming: the purpose of the flowers is to make seeds; the
purpose of the seeds is to make more plants. Remove the flowers as soon as
they're spent, before they can seed, and Mother Nature says "AWK! need more
flowers to make seeds!" and so the vicious cycle begins! (Sometimes it IS
nice to fool Mother Nature!)

Lee

"O3raledale" wrote in message
Hello all,
I just got my first lilly blooms and I have yet to see them. My wife tells

me
that they opened this morning but when I got home 4:00 PM they were

closed.
what are the open times of lilly blooms and approximately how long do they
last?
Thanks,
-Pat