Old 15-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Jane Ransom

Default How to be an irritating neighbour.

In article , martin
writes

I wasn't sure I looked with google. According to the BBC (see separate
post)The outbreak was caused by a dishonest framer.

He was one up from rock bottom.

The reason it
spread was the system of UK cattle marketing.

Due to 'centralising' the process (

when somebody gives me handfuls of money decade after decade for
producing something nobody wants do you call that normal.

************

Er . . . that isn't quite accurate. The correct wording is that 'nobody
wants at that price when they can get it cheaper elsewhere'.
The poor old British farmer is hemmed in by rules and regulations that
make his product more expensive than that of foreign farmers who don't
have the same regulations to abide by.

Would you believe that 6 years ago the owner of a hotel that I know
in Bavaria was, and perhaps still is, getting EU agricultural
subsidies for maintaining a large unused wooden barn although all his
land was sold off years ago when the farmhouse was converted to a
hotel?

And that's *his* fault???

I think we had better agree to differ on this one or we'll be here this
time next century !! )
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,