Old 15-08-2003, 05:12 PM
ajames54

Default Arg! some racoon ??'s

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:54:48 GMT, "Mike Miller"
wrote:

Thanks for the possum info. I'm glad, because the seem so dopey and
harmless. And I'm sort of glad the racoons smell the pond, it makes this a
little easier. OK, guess it's back to the trap and scarecrow every night.

The annoying part about this is that the possums keep setting off the trap
before the racoon even arrives! I've emptied the possum from the trap 3 or
4 times within a 1 hour timeframe (without any bait the 2nd, 3rd and 4th
times!). Seems they scavenge earlier than my racoon family. Thanks again.

Here's another funny thing: for a couple of days I could swear I've seen 2
herons way up in the sky in my area. Now, I live in Chicago, and they do
live around the streams here, but I've never seen them in the air near my
house. Gulp! Hope my teeny pond was way out of their eyesight range!

BTW, can anyone point me toward some electric fence supplier?

This is exactly what I have... and until last night it worked
perfectly (My neighbor has a family of raccoons living in his
garage 10 feet from my pond)

http://www.deer-busters.com/dee-3050.html

they also make a battery version with a solar charger ...hmmmmm