Old 15-08-2003, 06:12 PM

Default old dog, new tricks

Foxy had bloody diarrhea and went from 8 to 7 lbs in 5 days. (why do they always get
sick on weekends?) anyway, I was treating her with kaopectate (forced liquid) flagyl
and her other meds, antibiotics and urine acidifier for chronic bladder stones. She
is very clever about finding her meds and spitting them out. she wont go for peanut
butter anymore, and is becoming suspicious of the liverwurst. so I was crushing her
meds and mixing it into yogurt (probiotic) and veal puree baby food. She LOVES it. I
was happy cause 3 years ago she had the same thing and I had to force feed her for 2
weeks before she started eating pork tenderloin on her own. Anyway. She has "her"
food expensive stuff for bladder stone problems.
did I mention she LOVES veal puree with yogurt? well she wont eat her "real" food so
she is on a sit down strike with her regular food uneaten, giving Mitz a crack at
supplementing her rations.
I have relented and moved her to canned soft high end doggie food with meds and
yogurt. just until I get her weight up and then do a dental on her and maybe have to
get some bad teeth removed. Ingrid

jammer wrote:
Why do you have a fox in a cage?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List