Old 15-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Andrew Burgess

Default Skippy Filter man says....

writes:

do a search of UV, strength, contact time, etc. UV is ok for killing bacteria in
"drinking water" read gin clear when big sucker UV lights are used. get some other
particulates in there and it doesnt really kill much of anything.,

Sounds like nonsense. Sure in muddy water but not clear pond water.

algae is a huge
organism and the UV roughs up the cell walls making algae clot and sending it to the
filter or to the bottom (where it dies from lack of light). our typical little UV
lights and the speed of water moving thru there limits its application to getting rid
of algae. Ingrid

Yeah you've posted that before. I don't believe it.