Old 15-08-2003, 10:17 PM
martin

Default Townee farmers

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:42:19 +0000 (UTC), "anton"
wrote:

JennyC wrote in message ...

So how will the countryside look in, say, ten years time ??
Will it all be reverting to the wild :~))

Dunno. My little bit of the countryside will see probably
see further hayfield depletion in favour of fruits and nuts,
though. Last winter I smuggled a load of hazelnuts and
cherry plums and a few more stone fruit past the Finance
Committee, disguised as hedging. However, this winter
the Finance C'tee will still be recovering from the planned
Major Edifice which will be replacing the Fallen-Down Shed,
so any fruit planting might cause a Diplomatic Incident.

LOL !
--
Martin