Old 15-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Anne Lurie

Default powerless ponders in the East

When we moved from northern Vermont to Raleigh a few years ago, we were
unpleasantly surprised to find that we lost power more often than we did in
our 8 years with Vermont Electric Coop. (Although there was a truly
memorable ice storm that brought down transmission towers in Quebec.)

I believe that it's going to take a long time (and much finger-pointing)
before the cause of this outage is found (and why it spread so far!), but
the most incredible thing in my mind that this outage, covering 9300 square
miles or so, happened in less than 10 seconds?????

Shaking my head and grateful for power,

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Bob Koerber" wrote in message
Grid? Whats a grid? I've just got the old coop electric company. Lost

it for
8 hours the other day nothing unusual just fired up the old trusty

geneerator
and kids continued on with their tv show. Gee to be unprepared no way are

my
fish gonna go without thier filtration.

Bob in rural Alabama