Old 15-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Banned Herbicides & Pesticides

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Franz Heymann
writes
So-called organic husbandry is, by my understanding, a set of

techniques
which aim to increase the levels of the 'agents' you mention. Rather
than relying on factories to produce concentrated chemical feeds in an
energy intensive fashion the aim is to increase the soils own fertility
in the long term in a sustainable way. All talk of specific substances
which can be applied to the soil or not is subsidiary to the underlying
approach.

That is a laudable attitude, but my worry is that I doubt if enough
food to feed the whole world would be produced if organic farming
principles were applied globally.

There's plenty of food-producing capacity. It's the inequalities in
distribution and consumption that create an apparent shortage. Developed
countries (particularly the US) need to reduce their over-consumption
and stop leeching resources from the developing world.

The attribution marks in this note have gone for a burton, as a result of
indiscriminate editing and removal of headers.
I am incapable of expressing myself as well as in the section here
attributed to me.

Franz