Old 16-08-2003, 12:19 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Organic Corn Kills Butterflies??? what the?

wrote in
:

I been to NY a few times, wouldnt want to live there altho my DH did
and my in laws did at one time. there is research showing that green
spaces and plants of all kinds have a tremendous effect on quality of
life. No city should be without them. the point is not to give up
and say "it is a huge city". it needs more green BECAUSE it is a huge
city. However, that issue was picked simply cause it was first in the
line and had a garden theme.
There was constant commentary on TV about how disliked he was before
9-11. Nothing about his wonderful achievements.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/wtccrash/s...595523,00.html
"He was yesterday's man. His awkward, abrasive character was
foreground, his achievements obscured. In the summer, he had become a
lead player in a Whitehall farce of marital mayhem: Rudy chooses a
press conference to tell his wife, Donna, he is leaving her for
another woman, Judith. Donna calls her own press conference, then
kicks Rudy out of the official home."

that sums up the impression I got. Ingrid

I don't trust ex-CIA guys or their butt-buddies, but he seemed to be pretty
well liked when he hosted SNL (don't know if that was pre- or post- 9-11).
Of course it could have also been the free tickets and giant "CLAP" signs.

-- Salty