Old 16-08-2003, 12:42 AM

Default powerless ponders in the East

Boy 100 years old that puts her in 1903 give or take.
What she would have witnessed.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~cdm/age1.html

54 years old when the Soviet satellite Sputnik 1 was launched
49 years old at the end of the Korean War
41 years old when the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima
38 years old at the time of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor
31 years old in the year radar was invented
26 years old when the American stock market crashed
23 years old in the year of the first talking motion picture
11 years old at the time of the sinking of the Lusitania
10 years old when the First World War began
8 years old at the time of the maiden voyage of the Titanic
2 years old during the great San Francisco earthquake

"Nedra" wrote in message
hlink.net...
will be 100 years old in September. She says, "you can keep
the old days - they were awful!" Mom knows best :-)

Nedra

"FBCS" wrote in message
Last year my microwave went out, you should have seen us, we didn't know
what to do. Things as simple as heating up a baby bottle or water for

tea,
just to heat something up was a chore. We actually had to cook like ten
years ago. What we take for granted is right.
Rich wrote in message ...
SO, We have taken utilities forgranted. We should learn to live with

less.
Cook on Gas grills, Ride bikes. Store non perishable foods.

LIVE