Old 16-08-2003, 01:12 AM
animaux

Default daylilies

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:45:18 -0400, Chris Owens wrote:

Barbara Yanus wrote:

Some of my daylilies hardly bloomed or didn't bloom at all. Any one else
have this problem? I don't know if it was because of the wet summer that we
have been having or because some of the daylilies are being shaded out by
other plants that have just grown so BIG. Maybe it's time to transplant to
more sunny spots?

Thanks
Bebra

Daylilies really do prefer full sun; if yours are shaded, you
should move either them or the shading plants. However, you're
in luck, as now is the appropriate time to transplant them.

Chris Owens

Now is not the appropriate time to transplant anything in Texas. It may be okay
where you live, but not in the south or southwest. Unless death is the goal.