Old 16-08-2003, 01:32 AM
animaux

Default Organic Corn Kills Butterflies??? what the?

In a simple one word answer, yes.

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:40:39 -0400, "LeeAnne"
wrote:

I wonder if the corn borers could become resistant to a natural organism?
Which, to my understanding is what the Bt is - a bacteria that affects only
the borer? Much like those mosquito dunks you use in ponds -- it affects
only the mosquito larvae - I think it's also some type of Bt. If I am
wrong, please correct me.

LeeAnne

wrote in message
It is of course better than chemical pesticides. the issue is one or more

companies
using it in a way that guarantees pest resistance in a short period of

time.
example only
100,000 farmers use it on a couple crops a year for the next 100+ years.
1,000 big agribusinesses use it all the time IN crops for the next 10

years and then
all the corn borers are Bt resistant.

GM uses good alternatives and makes a big quick profit vs lots of farmers

using it
maybe forever. Ingrid