Old 16-08-2003, 05:42 AM
DonKcR

Default Five raccoons at once!!

That is the funniest story I've heard in awhile. I could just picture it, no
you go , no you go! Kc
"Kevin Carbis" wrote in message
om...
Had a small yard at the last house. I built a modest pond and made
all of the usual mistakes. Too many Koi in too small a pond. Too
shallow, maybe 30" max. Each morning I would come out to find the
pond just trashed by Racoons. I knew I had a least two around from
seeing/hearing them over the years.

I tried lots of nutty stuff to keep them away, AM radio, scarecrow,
motion lights, urine (I won't mention the specie). Finally I
surrounded the pond with a low voltage fence and that kept them away.

One night I awake around 3 am and head downstairs for an ice cream
raid when I see 'em. 4 Racoons lined up looking over at the pond, two
of them up on hind legs. I look over at the pond and see another one
slinking up towards it. He smacks the fence, lets out a screach and
runs back. The other 4 just shrug and go about their business in the
rest of the yard. It was as if the poor ******* drew the short straw
and they sent him over to check the fence. It was a riot! I imagine
they just rotated through each night.