Old 16-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Chris Owens

Default Scythe

Gerg wrote:

I've just bought a scythe from Lee Valley Tools in Canada and I would like
to use it and care for it properly. Unfortunately there were no instructions
provided with it, assembly or otherwise.

There are a number of websites that provide general information about
scythes or instructions specific to a given product, but nothing relevant to
this Austrian manufacturer ('Fux' I beleive).

Anybody have some insight?

Cheers,
Greg

Greg, a scythe can be a very efficient tool, but it is also very
dangerous to handle if you don't know what you are doing . . .
back in my ER days in CO, I had to care for more than one person
who'd been trained in the use and still had managed to stick the
blade into his anatomy. So, please, call your local agricultural
extension office, and find someone to teach you how to use it
properly. Then, never, ever, use it when you are alone.

Chris Owens