Old 16-08-2003, 08:32 AM
billtheburglar

Default Bougainvillea cuttings dilemma

I have six cuttings taken in tenerife this spring - some of the
original 10 put on an inch or so new growth and then lost the plot -
the survivors all have 3 ins plus new growths and look as if they are
here to stay. The problem is that they are in plastic bags and wilt
completely if i take the bags off even for half an hourlate at night.
Do I just let them get on with it on the theory that more leaves =
more photosynthesis = better root growth or do I prune back the new
growth to reduce transpiration and to give the roots time to catch up?