Old 16-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Weeding a lawn

"PJ" wrote in message
. com...
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:29:49 +0100, Jase wrote
(in message ):

I use a length of 15mm copper tube with a length of 1/2" steel inside it

for
ejection.
I place the copper tube directly over the centre of the dandy, push down

good few inches, then retract. I then eject plug of 'lawn' into bin,

using
the 1/2" rod. More often than not, the plug contains the whole root.
It leaves a clean cut hole in the lawn, ideal for filling with
sand/compost/seed, or leaving alone!

That's very ingenious!

Unfortunately it would not work for me. My garden is as stony as can be,
and the dandelion roots know how to hide below stones.
It just has to be glyphosate or paraquat.

Franz