Old 16-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Frogleg

Default daylilies

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:45:19 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:49:11 GMT, "Barbara Yanus"
wrote:

The fall is a good time to transplant?

I haven't a clue. With hard clay soil and a bad back, I've never even
tried. Since they die down in winter (here), it seems logical that
transplanting as the foliage is dying down (but not so gone that you
can't find 'em) would be a good idea. Don't take my word for it. I'm
sure there's lots of expert advice available.

Update: My Sunset NE Garden book arrived yesterday, and I looked it
up. Divide/transplant daylilies in early spring or late fall. You're
in luck!