Old 16-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Mike Davis

Default Pruning old apple trees

Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions. In addition to reading, I am
very likely to implement Jan's idea of consulting an "oldster". It's a small
town and there are a few fellows around who know their stuff. I'll try to
enlist their aid. Intergenerational knowledge transfer (folk wisdom) is a
lost art here in the suburbs of Virginia, but it keeps many small rural
areas, like our place in WV, going.

Mike D.

"Mike Davis" wrote in message
We're trying to rejuvinate some 20+ year old very overgrown apple trees on
our WV property. Can anyone suggest a good guide for pruning to get them
back into shape?

Thanks,
MJD