Old 16-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Gale Pearce

Default Leaf catching screen

I use the netting you already have without a frame - I just pull it tight
over the pond and use a rock every couple of feet to hold it there, right up
over my waterfall - it is barely noticeable and my waterfall is still
running . I remove it about Nov when I get the leaves cleaned up for the
season - the leaves don't collect on it - some people here do build an
a-frame and am sure someone will describe how they did it
Gale :~)
As Labor Day approaches I am thinking of how to construct a screen to
catch the leaves and pine needles. My pond is 8' X 10'. I have
plenty of 3/4" plastic netting (used to keep birds off the
raspberries) but what kind of frame should I put it on?

I am thinking of a flat wooden frame but that could be a bit heavy to
remove for cleaning. How about one made of 1/2" pvc? Maybe it could
even be dome shaped so that the leaves would naturally fall off.

What do others use?

TIA

John