Old 16-08-2003, 02:02 PM
martin

Default RAGWORT

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:45:08 +0000 (UTC), "The Devil's Advocate"
wrote:

I will clear mine as soon as I see it as my brother has a horse and I know
how you feel Kate

THE LAW
As ragwort is an injurious weed it is specified in the Weeds Act 1959. The
DEFRA has powers to serve clearance notices but will only do so where
agricultural production is directly affected. On roadside verges and waste
land, local authorities should have be contacted. Difficulties occur on
other types of land in regard to enforcement. The horse owner has a very
clear duty to protect his stock from what can only be described as a
horrible and unnecessary death.

Do you call that a law?
--
Martin