Old 16-08-2003, 02:12 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default RAGWORT

well it's the nearest I could find?

martin wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:45:08 +0000 (UTC), "The Devil's Advocate"
wrote:

I will clear mine as soon as I see it as my brother has a horse and
I know how you feel Kate

THE LAW
As ragwort is an injurious weed it is specified in the Weeds Act
1959. The DEFRA has powers to serve clearance notices but will only
do so where agricultural production is directly affected. On
roadside verges and waste land, local authorities should have be
contacted. Difficulties occur on other types of land in regard to
enforcement. The horse owner has a very clear duty to protect his
stock from what can only be described as a horrible and unnecessary
death.

Do you call that a law?
--
Martin