Old 16-08-2003, 03:02 PM
BB

Default Leaf catching screen

Determine the circumference of your pond.
Purchase lengths of half inch PVC pipe to equal this measurement and
couplers to join them together in a round shape. Then tie string or fishing
line across to pull the circle into an oval or ellipse shape to fit your
pond. Then lace the net onto the PVC frame. You now have a removable, self
supporting net cover.
PVC can even be painted to help blend in.
Pictures on request.

Bill

"John Bachman" wrote in message
As Labor Day approaches I am thinking of how to construct a screen to
catch the leaves and pine needles. My pond is 8' X 10'. I have
plenty of 3/4" plastic netting (used to keep birds off the
raspberries) but what kind of frame should I put it on?

I am thinking of a flat wooden frame but that could be a bit heavy to
remove for cleaning. How about one made of 1/2" pvc? Maybe it could
even be dome shaped so that the leaves would naturally fall off.

What do others use?

TIA

John