Old 16-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default RAGWORT

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:50:59 +0100, Ron wrote:

I trust that you do not use broad band insecticides.

Never seen anything eating the Ragwort up here, but then maybe we are
to exposed/cold for Tiger Moths.

At least Ragwort is easy to pull up, unlike other things like
Thistles. Disposal can be problem, the damn stuff can still set seed
after being up rooted. We bung ours into the council garden waste bin.

No grazing animal would think of eating it then for the smell of the
caterpillars' faeces would put them off!.

I didn't think animals ate it when green anyway. The danger being when
it gets into Hay and they don't notice it.

I hope that some ragwort is left for the moths.

Even though we do the verges and our land there is still plenty about.
Just look at the verges of almost any major road...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail