Old 16-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Karen Mullen

Default Five raccoons at once!!

Up until about a month ago I'd never had trouble with racoons, but at 2 am my
dogs started barking like crazy. I looked around and saw nothing so I called
them in. Quiet for a moment then they go crazy barking again so I let them out
and they ran to the fence barking like crazy. I go investigate... there
sitting on the post to my gate is a racoon. Just sitting there, the dogs
didn't budge it. There had been reports of a rabid coon the the neighborhood,
so I call the police and they came out and tried to get it off the fence even
stunned it with the tazor and the thing didn't move. Finally was knocked off
the fence and went to a tree to try and climb and couldn't, it kept falling off
once it got about as high as my fencepost. However when the police got the OK
to shoot it, it ran off and despite looking for it for over and hour we never
did locate it. Rather scarey. I did take a picture of the varmit tho...those
eyes!

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH