Old 16-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Nedra

Default My pond

Thenewguy,
You really need to run your pumps 24/7. When you shut
off the pumps for the night you are defeating the purpose
of having them run at all.

Nedra

"Tom La Bron" wrote in message
Thenewguy,

The biggest problem with your running water the way you do is that

biobugs,
on the average, die off after 12 hours.

Tom L.L.
--------------------
"Thenewguy" wrote in message
hey,..i was wondering how can i construct a bio filter and will it help
clean my pond......i have more plants and theyre growing ..ok .. im

getting
a bunch of flowers coming up on my lillies. Its been extremly hot here ,

and
with the power outage my pumps werent running that much. My filter

situation
is:
2 pumps that are about 1/4 horse power each. they pour out into a small
about 2 gallon hole that has 2 pieces of material that catch particles
before they flow down the waterfall. This system runs from 6am-12pm
everyday. Anything wrong here? any advice on a better filtering system

that
can be home made and cheap?
Thanx alot
Http://www.thehvscene.com/pond.htm