Old 16-08-2003, 04:12 PM

Default Organic Corn Kills Butterflies??? what the?

I dont know. it cant be to create sterile pollen (I would imagine that would stop
the pollen from being a problem) fertilized seed that is = corn. unfertilized seed
will not "plump" and grow into a kernel. or maybe they can get around that ... maybe
sterile pollen produces the tubes and simulates fertilization. however, sterile
would certainly be a goal since it would force farmers to buy their GMO seeds from
the company every year. Right now all that GMO pollen can fertilize non-GMO corn and
the seed if saved and used the next year would produce GMO corn.. and not a penny to
Monsanto. Ingrid

"BLueCoBra" wrote:
I think I read somewhere that the new 'breeds' of GMO corn are now being
created to be sterile? That they grow when the farmer plants them and thats
it, no more new plants from the left-over or dropped seeds.
Any truth to this?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com