Old 16-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Andrew Burgess

Default Skippy Filter man says....

writes:

I am a microbiologist meaning I learned it all a while ago for an exam, but at least
I can still read the literature. In all the sites dealing with using UV to kill
microbes in water (with big sucker units) they specifically talk about how
particulates in the water render the sterilizing ability ineffective. Not muddy
water, particulates.

This just violates common sense. Picture the path of the UV photon
in the water. It either hits a microbe, hits a particle or passes right through, right?
Opaque muddy water, odds are it will hit a particle.

Go read the site and see what the particulate concentration is. Its just common
sense.