Old 16-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Banned Herbicides && Pesticides

"martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 08:42:20 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from martin contains these words:

What is important, is what consumers think they are buying in
supermarkets when they buy organic. Perhaps a bit of publicity is
needed to clarify this for the woman with the shopping trolley.

That's a very sexist and patronising assumption you're making.

My wife and I were at Sainsbury's yesterday.
There were at least ten women to each man pushing a trolley, so the
statement to which you are objecting has some statistical backing.
Also, my wife will not allow me to do the shopping, since I am too stupid

in
such matters.

They can be very patronising too. :-)

I once explained to my wife that Sainsbury's, at least, was arranged
in a logical manner, their website used explain the logic, and how it
was aimed at making shopping easy, quick and efficient.
A random maximised route through Sainsbury's seems to be preferred.

That is the only possible strategy in ours. They change the positioning of
the goods too frequently.

Franz