Old 16-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Mary Kniss

Default Shrubs... Lowes vs Nursery.

I suspect this may depend on where you live. Here, both the plants in
the nursery, and the plants at Home Depot or Lowes come off the back
of the same truck(s) from the same supplier. I think Nurseries take
better care of them long term, where Lowes and HD buy them to move
them out quickly. I go to HD and/or Lowes on Friday, as that is the
delivery date of fresh plants. I buy them then.

Mary

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:47:31 -0400, Chris S.
wrote:

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has experience in buying shrubs or perennials at a
place like lowes verses a nursery. The stuff I see at nurseries is about
twice as expensive, but looks much healthier.

Should I stick with a nursery? Where do you buy plants at?

-Chris Swartz